Monday 25 February 2019

3 ways you should be using instagram

I've been spending lots of time with friends lately (one of my 2019 goals is to work less at the weekend and see friends more) one topic that keeps coming up amongst many of them is how we use social media, especially instagram in our day to day lives and it's not taking a bathroom selfie. There has been lots of negativity around the app that i'm sure you may have noticed but I don't want to go into any of that instead I want to share with you how I use the app in my day to day. 

Instagram can be a wonderful place if you use it in a valuable way for you
Here are the three ways I use instagram and can highly recommend it:

1. Friendship
There's an incredible community on instagram you just have to find it. 
It really can be a place to meet new people and actually make some real friends. All you need to do to start is send a simple DM (direct message) and you're off. It's actually much easier than trying to do the same in real life in a room full of strangers. There's something about having a conversation with words over an inspiring image that can make a connection. After all time is so valuable and for someone to spend a moment sending a message really is worth all the effort. I for one have made some incredible friends through the app. It's been a place to find my tribe and a network of supportive women in business too.

2. Inspiration
It is true inspiration is everywhere but especially on instagram. Use it to inspire your everyday, from up-cycling an old t-shirt or mending a broken vase to how to style an outfit.

3. Discovery
I can't even count the number of new brands, small businesses, big businesses, artists, designers, poets, writers, photographers and more that i've discovered on instagram over the past few years there are so many. Use it to discover all of the things that aren't on your doorstop or your everyday. With the save feature mine has become a miniature pinterest board.

On that point here are five instagram feeds that are really inspiring me this month.
I hope they inspire you too.

A fellow fashion lover and lovely human, her wardrobe is to die for. I love seeing her daily #ootd and styling tips.

Home to transform a rented abode she'll inspire your interior design in no time and also has the sweetest pup.

A sewing inspiration and a hand made wardrobe of dreams. Elisalex makes me want to call in sick and sew all day long. One talented lady.

I had the pleasure of meeting London based Interior Designers Jordan & Russell at an event last year and they are as lovely as their feed. They have an incredible eye for design.

Super talented illustrator and the kindest human. Her florals and pretty pastel feed bring me all the joy.


Remember instagram isn't real life and now go and unfollow all of the accounts that don't spark joy (Marie Kondo your instagram!) and make that scrolling more meaningful. After all life is too short right?!

Zeena X
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig